logo: UCLA Registrar's Officeclickable image map to Registrar's Office home page      
REGISTRATION & CLASSES  white vertical divider graphic  FEES & RESIDENCE  white vertical divider graphic  ACADEMICS  white vertical divider graphic  STUDENT RECORDS  white vertical divider graphic  CALENDARS  white vertical divider graphic  FACULTY & STAFF  white vertical divider graphic  FORMS  white vertical divider graphic  ARCHIVES       

UCLA General Catalog 2016-17

CATALOG HOME  blue vertical divider graphic  ABOUT UCLA  blue vertical divider graphic  COLLEGE AND SCHOOLS  blue vertical divider graphic  UNDERGRADUATE STUDY  blue vertical divider graphic  GRADUATE STUDY
ACADEMIC POLICIES  blue vertical divider graphic  CURRICULA AND COURSES  blue vertical divider graphic  APPENDIXES  blue vertical divider graphic  CATALOG PDF

Sexual Assault and Other Sexual Violence

UCLA does not tolerate sexual violence and responds to all reports of sexual violence in accordance with UCLA Procedures and the UC Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment. Sanctions for a student found responsible for committing sexual assault or other sexual violence may include dismissal from the University. See the Sexual Violence Prevention and Response policies website.

If a Person Has Been Sexually Assaulted

Those who believe that they are the victims of sexual assault should

  1. Immediately call the police department. If possible, call the UCLA Police Department at 310-825-1491 or 911
  2. Get medical attention. Campus police will provide transportation to the Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center for medical treatment and evidence collection. A confidential counselor from the Rape Treatment Center will be available at that time, free of charge

Utilize confidential campus and community support services:

  1. Contact a Campus Assault Resources and Education (CARE) advocate. CARE advocates have expertise in working with people who have been sexually assaulted or who have experienced sexual violence. They can discuss options and alternatives, help identify the most appropriate support services, and provide information about medical care, psychological counseling, academic assistance, legal options, how to file a police report, and how to file a complaint with the Title IX Office. CARE advocates are available to assist any UCLA student regardless of where or when the assault occurred. For assistance, contact CARE at 310-206-2465 or go to Wooden Center West First Floor and ask to speak to a CARE advocate.
  2. Contact the Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center (424-259-7208) for free emergency medical treatment and counseling services.

Caring assistance is available for persons who have been subjected to sexual violence. They are encouraged in the strongest terms to make a report.