Sexual Assault and Other Sexual Violence

UCLA does not tolerate sexual violence and responds to all reports of sexual violence in accordance with UCLA procedures and the UC Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment. Sanctions for a student found responsible for committing sexual assault or other sexual violence may include dismissal from the University. See the sexual violence prevention and response policies web page.

If a Person Has Been Sexually Assaulted

Those who believe that they are the victims of sexual assault can

  1. Immediately call the police department
    If possible, call the UCLA Police Department at 310-825-1491 or 911
  2. Get medical attention
    Campus police will provide transportation to the Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center for medical treatment and evidence collection. A confidential counselor from the Rape Treatment Center will be available at that time, free of charge
  3. Report to Title IX
    You have the right to report to the University, and you can do that by contacting the Title IX Office by e-mail or by calling 310-206-3417. If the other person is a student or employee, the Title IX Office can take administrative action, and the Title IX Office can explain those options to you. The Title IX Office may be able to help through interim measures so individuals do not experience harassment or sexual violence. Those measures can include, for example, a no contact directive prohibiting contact

Utilize confidential campus and community support services.

  1. Contact a Campus Assault Resources and Education (CARE) advocate
    CARE Advocates are available to support and advocate for UCLA victims or survivors. They can discuss options and alternatives, help identify the most appropriate support services, and provide information about medical care, psychological counseling, academic assistance, legal options, how to file a police report, and how to file a complaint with the Title IX Office. CARE advocates are available to assist any member of the UCLA community regardless of where or when the assault occurred. For assistance, contact CARE at 310-206-2465 or go to Wooden Center West first floor and ask to speak to a CARE advocate
  2. Contact the Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center (424-259-7208) for free emergency medical treatment and counseling services

Caring assistance is available for persons who have been subjected to sexual violence. They are encouraged in the strongest terms to make a report to the Title IX Office.