Undergraduate Degree Requirements
Students must satisfy UC requirements, school requirements, and department requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree.
- Entry-Level Writing or English as a Second Language
- American History and Institutions
- Academic Residence
- Writing Requirement
- Writing I
- Engineering Writing
- Foundations of Arts and Humanities
- Foundations of Society and Culture
- Foundations of Scientific Inquiry
- Preparation for the Major
- The Major
Courses that do not satisfy specific UC, school, or department requirements are referred to as electives and can be used to meet the minimum unit requirement for graduation.
The University of California has two requirements that undergraduate students must satisfy in order to graduate: Entry-Level Writing or English as a Second Language, and American History and Institutions. See Degree Requirements in the Undergraduate Study chapter for details.