At any given time, more than 6,000 funded research programs are in progress at UCLA. Interdisciplinary Organized Research Units, research centers, institutes, and laboratories focus on key research in a specific area.
Organized Research Units
Specialized Research Centers, Laboratories, and Institutes
Additional research centers, institutes, and laboratories advance scholarship in all fields. The breadth of research conducted on campus is reflected in diverse undertakings from behavior to computing, demography to disease, and language to politics. This sampling of current research entities offers a view into the scope of research units.
- California Center for Population Research
- Center for Study of Urban Poverty
- National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing
- UCLA Anderson Forecast
- Fernald Child Study Center
- Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Mary S. Easton Center for Alzheimer’s Disease Research
- UCLA AIDS Institute