Architecture and Urban Design

Graduate Study

Official, specific degree requirements are detailed in program requirements for UCLA graduate degrees, available at the Graduate Division website. In many cases, more detailed guidelines may be outlined in announcements, other publications, and websites of the schools, departments, and programs.

Graduate Degrees

The Department of Architecture and Urban Design offers Master of Architecture I (MArch I) and Master of Architecture II (MArch II) degrees, and Master of Arts (MA) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in Architecture. A concurrent degree program (Architecture MArch I/Urban Planning MURP) and a Graduate Certificate in Urban Humanities are also offered.