logo: UCLA Registrar's Officeclickable image map to Registrar's Office home page     Forms  Archives    

UCLA General Catalog 2017-18

CATALOG HOME   blue vertical divider graphic  ABOUT UCLA   blue vertical divider graphic  MAJORS AND DEGREES   blue vertical divider graphic  COLLEGE AND SCHOOLS   blue vertical divider graphic  UNDERGRADUATE STUDY
GRADUATE STUDY  blue vertical divider graphic  ACADEMIC POLICIES   blue vertical divider graphic  CURRICULA AND COURSES   blue vertical divider graphic  APPENDIXES   blue vertical divider graphic  CATALOG PDF
    School of the Arts and Architecture



School of the Arts and Architecture undergraduate students who achieve scholastic distinction may qualify for the following honors and programs:

Dean’s Honors

To receive Dean’s Honors, students must have at least 12 graded units per term with a grade-point average of 3.8 for less than 16 units of work (3.7 GPA for 16 or more units). The honor is posted on the transcript for the appropriate term. Students are not eligible for Dean’s Honors in any given term if they receive an Incomplete or a Not Passed (NP) grade, change a grade, or repeat a course.

Latin Honors

Latin Honors are awarded at graduation to students with superior grade-point averages. To be eligible, students must have completed 90 or more units for a letter grade at the University of California. The levels of honors are summa cum laude, magna cum laude, and cum laude. The minimum GPAs required are subject to change on an annual basis. Required GPAs in effect in the graduating year determine student eligibility. Contact the Student Services Office or see the Registrar’s honors web page for the most current calculations of Latin honors.

Departmental Scholar Program

Exceptionally promising juniors or seniors may be nominated as Departmental Scholars to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degree programs simultaneously. Qualifications include completion of 24 courses (96 quarter units) at UCLA or the equivalent at a similar institution and the requirements in preparation for the major. Students must also have at least one term of coursework remaining at UCLA. To obtain both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees students must be provisionally admitted to the Graduate Division, fulfill requirements for each program, and maintain a minimum B average. No course may be used to fulfill requirements for both degrees. Interested students should consult their department well in advance of application dates for graduate admission. Contact the Student Services Office in 2200 Broad Art Center for details.

   Catalog Administration    About    Contacts/Hours     MyUCLA    Student Affairs     UCLA.edu    © Regents UC             Register to Vote