logo: UCLA Registrar's Officeclickable image map to Registrar's Office home page     Forms  Archives    

UCLA General Catalog 2017-18

CATALOG HOME   blue vertical divider graphic  ABOUT UCLA   blue vertical divider graphic  MAJORS AND DEGREES   blue vertical divider graphic  COLLEGE AND SCHOOLS   blue vertical divider graphic  UNDERGRADUATE STUDY
GRADUATE STUDY  blue vertical divider graphic  ACADEMIC POLICIES   blue vertical divider graphic  CURRICULA AND COURSES   blue vertical divider graphic  APPENDIXES   blue vertical divider graphic  CATALOG PDF
    Appendix A: Regulations and Policies

Sexual Assault and Other Sexual Violence


UCLA does not tolerate sexual violence and responds to all reports of sexual violence in accordance with UCLA procedures and the UC Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment. Sanctions for a student found responsible for committing sexual assault or other sexual violence may include dismissal from the University. See the Sexual Violence Prevention and Response policies web page.

If a Person Has Been Sexually Assaulted

Those who believe that they are the victims of sexual assault should

  1. Immediately call the police department. If possible, call the UCLA Police Department at 310-825-1491 or 911
  2. Get medical attention. Campus police will provide transportation to the Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center for medical treatment and evidence collection. A confidential counselor from the Rape Treatment Center will be available at that time, free of charge
  3. Report to Title IX. You have the right to report to the University, and you can do that by contacting the Title IX Office by e-mail or by calling 310-206-3417. If the other person is a student or employee, the Title IX Office can take administrative action, and the Title IX Office can explain those options to you. The Title IX Office may be able to help through interim measures so individuals do not experience harassment or sexual violence. Those measures can include, for example, a no contact directive prohibiting contact.

Utilize confidential campus and community support services:

  1. Contact a Campus Assault Resources and Education (CARE) advocate. CARE Advocates are available to support and advocate for UCLA victims or survivors. They can discuss options and alternatives, help identify the most appropriate support services, and provide information about medical care, psychological counseling, academic assistance, legal options, how to file a police report, and how to file a complaint with the Title IX Office. CARE advocates are available to assist any member of the UCLA community regardless of where or when the assault occurred. For assistance, contact CARE at 310-206-2465 or go to Wooden Center West First Floor and ask to speak to a CARE advocate.
  2. Contact the Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center (424-259-7208) for free emergency medical treatment and counseling services.

Caring assistance is available for persons who have been subjected to sexual violence. They are encouraged in the strongest terms to make a report to the Title IX Office.

   Catalog Administration    About    Contacts/Hours     MyUCLA    Student Affairs     UCLA.edu    © Regents UC             Register to Vote